Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Beginning of the Handrail




Today at Morena Welding Sean and Jose are working on finishing a residential handrail for a customer in La Mesa. The customer was a sculptural welder at one time and has a detailed idea of what the finished product should resemble. They are paying close attention to the details as always but this handrail has a particular bend around a retaining wall that is especially tricky. They pre-fabricated the rail on-site to make sure all the measurements couldn't lie when they got it into the shop. Today, Sean finished the loops on the ends where code makes the railing return for safety reasons. Now they are completing all of the welds and finishing the assembly in the shop. I have been taking a lot of pictures lately and I think it has got the boys a little on edge. I know that it is hard for me to work when someone is pointing a camera at me. Jose finally asked me today why I am taking so many pictures and I just tried to keep the situation light by saying it was to make him famous. Sean is already on edge before I got in his face this week with the camera. The poor guy is getting married in a week so needless to say he is probably thinking too much already. No offense to his bride to be, I am sure she is a great gal if she puts up with our Sean. Anyway, congratulations will soon be in order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home